8726 Haskell Ave
North Hills, CA 91343
We have reached capacity for this event. You can join the waitlist by clicking the button below. You will be contacted if and when space becomes available.
We’re partnering with Golden State Opportunity and New Economics for Women to provide FREE Tax Preparation Services to our constituents who meet the following criteria:
- Incomes under $67,000 (in total among all sources of income)
- Filing Statuses of Single, Head of Household, or Married filing JOINTLY (together)
Due to VITA program criteria, tax preparers will not be able to serve constituents in the following situations at this event:
- Those who wish to file as Married filing SEPARATELY
- Cash Earners - if you are reporting a business loss (more expenses than income)
- Cash Earners - if you report more than $25,000 in expenses
*If you are unsure if you fall into this category, you may sign up and a tax preparer will call you to answer any questions.
Appointments are strongly encouraged. While we will accept walk-ins as space permits, we cannot guarantee availability for walk-ins.
Upon sign up, a member of the tax preparation team will reach out to you to schedule an appointment – as long as they remain available. Please provide a reliable phone number and email when signing up.
RSVP does not guarantee an appointment. Appointments will be assigned on a first come, first served basis.
Documents that meet the Proof of Address and Proof of Income Requirements will be needed at your appointment:
1) Proof of Address - ONE of the following can be used
- Non-expired photo ID
- a Utility Bill
- Bank Statement
- Any other residential mail with a date no later than January 11th, 2024.
2) Proof Of Income - ONE of the following can be used
- Paystub (most recent)
- W-2 form
- Bank Statement
- Benefit Letter (from CalWorks, SSI, or SSA)
Please only sign up if you will be able to bring the required documents outlined above to your appointment on March 9th.