Sat., Feb. 8 from 10 a.m. to 2 p .m.
SAN BERNARDINO – Households with incomes of less than $56,000 last year can get free tax help and in claiming their state Earned Income Tax Credit (EITC) at a Tacos and Taxes event on Sat., Feb. 8 from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. at the His Light Neighborhood Church, 863 North Mountain View Ave. in San Bernardino. The event is sponsored by Assemblymember James Ramos (D-Highland).
“This is money due people, and the Tacos and Taxes event helps taxpayers recoup that money,” Ramos said. “Sometimes just a little help in preparing EITC paperwork can make a significant difference to families. That’s why we do it.”
Participants need to bring the following documents:
· Proof of income, including W-2s and/or 1099
· Verification of tax deductible expenses (such as property tax statement, child care provider information)
· Form of current government identification for taxpayer and spouse (driver’s license, state ID, passport, or military ID)
· Original social security card and/or Individual Tax ID Numbers for all persons listed on return (not copies)
· Account and routing numbers for checking or savings accounts for direct deposit and a faster refund
· Health insurance marketplace statement (1095-A and/or C), if applicable
· Copy of 2018 tax return, if available
Appointments are strongly recommended, but walk-ins are welcomed. Tax services are provided by San Bernardino County TAD. Appointments can be made by calling 909.347.1255.
Assemblymember James Ramos proudly represents the 40th Assembly district which includes Highland, Loma Linda, Mentone, Rancho Cucamonga, Redlands, and San Bernardino.